Friday 6 December 2019

The field of flames

This is my writing based on the prompt
The field of flames. I hope you like it. It took a while to write but I think it's quite good.
-Saana
└(^o^)┘

Smoke filled my lungs, Screams pierce the silent winter air. Suddenly, more awake than if I had just been splashed with freezing cold water, I sit bolt upright and look around. I can smell the smoke and I know I'll have to leave.
"Mum" I yell. No response
"Dad?" I scream as tears stream down my cheeks.
They must be out. I grab my enormous backpack. It can fit everything I would need to survive for a year. Already in the backpack is food, a compass, a mobile phone with a charger. (Full charge) and a few other things I might need. I add a super long coil of rope and strap it to the side along with a few water bottles. I add heaps more things like water purifying tablets, pillows and saddle bags with even more stuff. I'm set for almost 3 years now because of the saddle bags. I haul along all my stuff and saddle my horse. I load everything on and pat snowflake's snowy white mane.
"Come on girl" I whisper
I move the reins and we ride of into the distance.
I need to find my family.
Immediately, if not sooner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.