Friday 6 December 2019

Week 6 writing (The watcher)



My lungs on fire I continue running. My shoes trip over everything. I make a decision. I stop for a second and ditch my shoes. I run faster than ever before. The egg I clutch in my arms slips. I hold it tighter. I can hear the flock of birds approaching. Suddenly, they take turns dive bombing me. I have to hide. Up ahead I spy a mountain, Luck must be on my side. There is a tiny hole in the mountain. It must be a cave. Phewww. NOO, my dress snags on a branch. I rip it free and in the process I rip the dress. Who cares, I hated this dress anyway. In a few minutes of terrified running I dive into the cave. I'm free. The birds can't find me so they circle up above the mountain. Now how to get back home.

Words you could use:
  • Exploded into a sprint
  • Bravely captured the egg
  • Foolishly / Victoriously / Rapidly
  • Predator/ Prey
  • It was arduous work avoiding the crows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.